I have begun my blog to raise awareness to the chronic disease Endometriosis. I would like my blog to be a source of information on all aspects of this disease - whether that be surgery, treatment or the day-to-day aspects of living with this condition. I have created a Video Blog to work along side this to discuss a whole variety of issues.

Sunday 16 December 2012

December issues...

There is definitely something about this time of the year that makes my Endo flare beyond belief. Last year I spent pretty much all December in hospital and having emergency surgery... And this year I'm doing all I can to keep my head above water.

Today has been an awful awful day, had to resort to the usage of oxycodone - which I bring out at times of great need. I have a limited supply and I have to use ten sparingly as the doc will no longer prescribe them to me. S naturally I try everything I can first... Naproxen, gabapentin, tramadol... To name a few. When all else fails out comes the oxy. I hate when things get that bad. I can feel my body gradually wearing down and down, appetite has gone, bowel has flared something chronic. I just wish I knew what was setting it off again.

Last year I had a huge ovarian cyst that had to be removed and they ended up blasting Endo at the same time. I hope it is not another cyst as that made me so very ill indeed. Really do not what to be going through that again at all. Hopefully this is just a blip and things will improve... I keep my fingers crossed.

I am now back on Provera short term before I have my next surgery. Gynae put me on a stronger dosage than I have been on before... Not seeing the benefits as yet. But fingers crossed soon the effects will take. A little respite over the holiday season will be very much appreciated!!

All I want for Xmas is a pain free day!! Lol. Please Santa I have been a very good girl this year.

Until then... I will keep smiling and stay fighting as ever!!

Love to you all.
Xx

1 comment:

  1. I hope that you do not have another cyst! I hope that the oxy helps (I save mine for the very bad days also). I hope that you have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete