I have begun my blog to raise awareness to the chronic disease Endometriosis. I would like my blog to be a source of information on all aspects of this disease - whether that be surgery, treatment or the day-to-day aspects of living with this condition. I have created a Video Blog to work along side this to discuss a whole variety of issues.

Thursday 26 April 2012

Anxiety:

This week has really been so very full on... that I was hardly surprised that I suffered an anxiety attack. I have not had one for about 6 months... and it was a very bad one indeed. My entire body tensed, I was shaking, I was sick, hot and cold sweats, heart palpatations... the whole show. Followed by not being able to sleep for a very long time after - despite feeling exhausted.

I used to suffer with them an awful lot, and previously have been on Propranolol for them. However, because my Amitriptyline is now such a high dosage and the Propranolol doasge is also high... I cannot take them together... So, I pretty much had to ride out the storm. With cold flannels, ice water and anti semetics... All in all not too bad. I should have listened to the warning sign migraine on Monday - but me being me.. Powers on through as ever.

I awoke this morning feeling really sore and stiff and my muscles were aching terribly, so my resolve today was to remain at home and rest as my body is crying out of it. I havent been particulary over active, i thought. But each day is coming with a task that is somewhat taxing on my body.. hospital appointments, doctors, dentist etc etc... All of thee activities build up.. Until my body just says NO MORE!! And that is what happens yesterday. The rest of my weeks is pretty full on... So today is about me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment