I have begun my blog to raise awareness to the chronic disease Endometriosis. I would like my blog to be a source of information on all aspects of this disease - whether that be surgery, treatment or the day-to-day aspects of living with this condition. I have created a Video Blog to work along side this to discuss a whole variety of issues.

Saturday 10 March 2012

The Endo Diet,

I don't know if any of you have ever tried the Endo diet, or even heard about it... But I have been doing it for about a week now.

When I first heard about the endo diet... I was very unsure and unclear as to what it is, or indeed how it will help me with my endo and all of my pain. However, I am willing to try anything at the moment... and if it is said to help some - then I am there to try!!

Well, the diet itself is very restrictive. There is an awful lot of foods that will contribute to the pain. But I have been sensible with it. I am gradually breaking myself into it. So as to make the process easier and hopefully stop me from falling off the wagon with it so to speak!!

This week I have removed my Pasta, white bread and white rice. Which was relatively easy. I mainly eat Brown rice anyway. Removing pasta long term I know will be hard... and already I am missing my freshly baked white bread. I have also removed the red meat part of my diet - this was easy as I am not one to eat much in the way of red meat. I will continue to eat chicken and fish.
I have increased my consumptions of fruit and veg and pulses. I love fruit and veg any way so that part was easy I have just been increasing pulses, kidney beans etc... in replacement of potatoes and bread - where needed. I am also cutting down on the refined sugar aspects... my sweets!! Which since being off sick has been my go to release.. so this is going to reduce week by week. Not that I ate huge amounts of them... but it is still best to remove. I do miss honey in my chamomile and lemon tea though. I have also removed convenience food. So the TV dinners and things like that. All my food is being made by me from here.

Already with these changes to my diet, I feel less bloated and swollen. I know this is probably down to the heavy carbs removal... but I do feel less heavy so to speak. I know it has only been a week, but if i notice differences only a week in then surely I can notice more results the longer I keep at it.

Being an ex gymnast and a gym freak! I have always thought carefully about what I eat, but even I will need to make many changes too my diet. This is why for me it is best to make the changes gradually. I am hoping that over time I am going to experience less pain and less swelling etc... All the time I am on Zoladex my weight is increasing even eating less. So if I manage to lose weight great... but that is not my main resolve. Getting my body able to battle with endo through the fuel I give it, is my main objective.

I am making sure I eat regularly and actually take the time out to prepare my food and sit down and eat, it does feel like I am eating more than usual with this. But what I am eating is better for me. Caffeine has already been removed from my diet  i did that months ago and I am so much better off without it...

So here is to another week... Fingers crossed!!

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment