I have begun my blog to raise awareness to the chronic disease Endometriosis. I would like my blog to be a source of information on all aspects of this disease - whether that be surgery, treatment or the day-to-day aspects of living with this condition. I have created a Video Blog to work along side this to discuss a whole variety of issues.

Friday 23 March 2012

Fighting the fight...

There are definitely some days which are easy to deal with and those that are not... And this week has definitely been a combination of the two!
I generally pride myself on being strong and being mostly able to cope with all that is thrown at me... However we do all have our weaker moments and those times where we feel very low and very alone. I am under no misapprehension that this is purely down to my endo and I also know that I am not exclusively alone in how I feel.

This week for some reason that I am yet to discover, those daily things that are generally such a walk in the park for me have felt like I am climbing a never ending mountain. I have felt very low and indeed very emotional. There have been moments where all I can do is cry at the hand I have dealt and where my usual sense of strength and of coping have simply disappeared.
Today however I have woken up feeling a little bit more like my old self. I little bit of drive and spark is back today. I am thankful to see it return.

It is very easy with endo so sit there and cry and curse the world for all you are dealing with, it is very hard to face it all head on and still continue to carry on and to fight.

Fight, is my goal and fight is what gets me through this illness. My fighting spirit is what has led me to create this blog, what has led me to create these information videos. I want to help others suffering as I am and raise awareness for this condition. My fight is back and so I am now back onto my mission!

I know that there will always be those days where I feel like giving up... I guess for me the thing to do is embrace those days have them and then move onto the next. The feelings of hurt, anxiety and loneliness will always be apparent with this disease, I will however not allow them to control me. I will not let this disease dictate how I feel every day. This disease commands to much attention already. I will not give into it implicitly.

So for now, my fight has resumed. My next video has been completed and will be up in running in a moment. From here on I will resolve to let the dark days come, deal with them and move on... My spirit is tougher than that!

A
xx  

No comments:

Post a Comment