I have begun my blog to raise awareness to the chronic disease Endometriosis. I would like my blog to be a source of information on all aspects of this disease - whether that be surgery, treatment or the day-to-day aspects of living with this condition. I have created a Video Blog to work along side this to discuss a whole variety of issues.

Wednesday 7 March 2012

A mad week!

Its been a few days now since I was last on here... Last week was such an emotional week I can't believe I managed to get through it all!!

I was in urgent care on Monday with my back - had to have a spinal injection... it is looking like nerve damage from endo and possibly a slipped disc!! MRI waiting. But, I do begin physio on tomorrow. So fingers crossed I will have some much needed relief.

On Thursday last week I had to travel into London, to my place of work to meet with the company doctor and my line manager. Obviously I have been off of work since last August. So the company doctor really needed to see me. He was wonderfully understanding and sympathetic, which I was so amazed about. He was shocked to see me in such a state. I had to use my walking stick and I was in so much pain. But he does not want me to return to work until my next surgery in June... So I wait until after that to meet with him again. It is so refreshing to have a company be understanding. I really was not expecting them to e so - after hearing such horror stories about them when people are sick. But it has been a huge relief off of my shoulders that's for sure!! I an rest easy knowing I still have a job.

Alas, my sick pay in the form of SSP runs out tomorrow - so I have to apply for benefit. I have never been on benefit in my life and am somewhat embarrassed about it - but at the end of the day - I need to eat,live and pay my bills - so I don't really have any other choice. It will not be forever - as I know I will go back to work as some point. I hope I can still do the role I was employed to do.... fingers crossed!!

The start of this week has been OK ish... Monday I saw my own GP to get my updated sick note and more prescriptions. I was also accepted to become a helpline volunteer for Endo UK charity and I have also been accepted fr my equality and awareness course. So Monday was such a positive day. After all of the emotion of last week. I really needed that lift!!

Tuesday I am afraid, I was a bedridden day. Moving only from the sofa to the bed and back again...

Today has been better, I have been out of bed... doing the family washing and such as like...

My laptop is being annoying!! I have had to order a new microphone - as I cant record video 4 without awful background noise. So video 4 will be a little late. I am sorry about that!!

Well I think that brings us all up to date from here.... Physio tomorrow - fingers crossed!!

Love to you all!!!
xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment