I have begun my blog to raise awareness to the chronic disease Endometriosis. I would like my blog to be a source of information on all aspects of this disease - whether that be surgery, treatment or the day-to-day aspects of living with this condition. I have created a Video Blog to work along side this to discuss a whole variety of issues.

Wednesday 15 February 2012

Currently...

So it has been a busy couple of weeks really. Lots has been going on. So let me bring you all up to speed...
I have had my follow up appointment with my gynae following my surgery and have had all of my results. It turns out that my endo was very widespread and it was not possible to remove it all in one surgery. It would have caused far too much damage to attempt it all. So half of the endo has been removed and the rest will take place in a surgery I have been scheduled for on 13th June 2012. I am not happy that I have to have more surgery. This will mean I have had 3 surgeries in 18 months. That really is very close together. All in all my endo was so widespread. Both my ovaries were covered, and had to be fully lasered. My bladder is also covered, along with it all along the front of my pelvis. They removed the chocolate cyst they found also; it ended up being 10cms.
I don't know how to feel about it all if I am honest with you. It is upsetting of course that things have grown so much. What is surprising is that  have been on non stop therapy for about 3 years and still the endo had grown. What will they do after the surgery? How do they attempt to keep it at bay?? The only treatment that has had results is Zoladex and i cant be on the permanently. They now only do it for 6 months...
I am thinking whether to discuss things like a hysterectomy with my gynae. I have tried to have these conversations before - but it has been dismissed. But surely I have more of a case now if I am having to have so many surgeries so close together? I surely cannot keep having so many surgeries its not good for me. It causes untold problems when that happens over and over... I know that a hysterectomy is not a cure at all. But would it not give me some relief? I need t go through this with my consultant on 30th April when I see him again...
There are so many things to decide and plenty to think of....

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment